The pretty maid buying a love song [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > The pretty maid buying a love song [graphic].
- The pretty maid buying a love song [graphic].
Walton, Henry, 1746-1813, artist.
Bowles, Carington, 1724-1793, publisher.
- Published / Created
- published as the act directs, 
- Publication Place
- Printed for & sold by Carington Bowles, at his Map & Print Warehouse, No. 69 in St. Pauls Church Yard, London
"A woman standing examining a display of slip ballads that the seller, a "pinner-up", who is seated on a stool, has hung along a wall."--British Museum online catalogue
Title from item.
After a painting by Henry Walton.
Publication date from an unverified card catalog record.
Plate numbered '410' in lower left corner.
Temporary local subject terms: Music: song-sheets -- Male costume: song-sheet seller -- Female costume: maid-servant -- Trades: song-sheet seller -- Brooms -- Broadsides: King Charles' 12 good rules.
Publication date erased from this impression.
- 1 print : plate mark 35.3 x 25.3 cm, on sheet 41 x 30 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)