An antidote by Carr for C-l-d----n impurities experantia docet. [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > An antidote by Carr for C-l-d----n impurities experantia docet. [graphic]
- An antidote by Carr for C-l-d----n impurities experantia docet. [graphic]
- Alternative Title
- Antidote by Carr for Caledonian impurities
- Darly, Matthias, approximately 1720-approximately 1778, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [26 May 1762]
- Publication Place
- Printed & sold at Darly's in Cranbourn Ally, as the act directs Js. P.
Title etched above image.
Publication date from British Museum catalogue.
Three columns of verse below image begins: In an---t days Sr Robt Carr ...
Temporary local subject terms: Allusion to William Pitt the Elder -- Executioner's axe -- Emblems: Thistle (Scotland) -- Emblems: Jack boot (Lord Bute) -- Ghosts.
1 print on laid paper : etching ; sheet (trimmed within plate mark) 20 x 25 cm., mounted to 32 x 48 cm.
- 1 print : plate mark 20 x 26.5 cm, on sheet 26 x 37 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- 762.05.26.01 Impression 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1762
Etchings England London 1762
- etching ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
Bute, John Stuart, Earl of, 1713-1792
Holland, Henry Fox, Baron, 1705-1774
Somerset, Robert Carr, Earl of, d. 1645
- Subject (Topic)
- Britannia (Symbolic character)
Bute, John Stuart, Earl of, 1713-1792 > Caricatures and cartoons
Holland, Henry Fox, Baron, 1705-1774 > Caricatures and cartoons
Somerset, Robert Carr, Earl of, d. 1645 > Caricatures and cartoons
Britannia (Symbolic character) > Caricatures and cartoons
England > 1762
England > London > 1762
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)