Punch, or, A collection of droll figures. [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > Punch, or, A collection of droll figures. [graphic].
- Punch, or, A collection of droll figures. [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- Collection of droll figures
- Sayer, Robert, 1725-1794, publisher.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Printed for Robt. Sayer, map & printseller, No 53 in Fleet Street
In the upper image, a dwarf hunchback in a costume resembling Spanish military uniform of the 16th century walks to the right, holding in his right hand a banner on which is engraved the title of the series. He is looking back over his shoulder at another figure in a similar period costume, who follows him while beating a large drum. In the lower image, two similarly dressed dwarf hunchbacks face each other in a posture suggesting readiness for a fight. The figure in the foreground holds his pike at the ready, while his companion in the background rests his on left shoulder
Title from item.
Two images etched on one plate. Title from top image.
Title page and 1st plate from a series of plates showing a variety of social interactions between two or more hunchbacks, most of whom are also dwarfs. Other plates in the series are numbered but not titled.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark at top.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
- 1 print : sheet 19 x 14 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- [State with statement of responsibility burnished from plate].
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)