Grown ladies &c. taught to dance [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Grown ladies &c. taught to dance [graphic]
- Grown ladies &c. taught to dance [graphic]
- Rennoldson, printmaker
- Published / Created
- As the act directs, Jan. 2, 1769.
- Publication Place
- Printed for Robt. Sayer, No. 53 in Fleet Street, & Jno. Smith, No. 35 in Cheapside
Title from item.
Below title: Engrav'd after an original picture of Mr. John Collett, in the possession of Mr. Smith.
Later state, with part of the plate plate cut off at top resulting in removal of some design, and with publication date added to imprint. Cf. No. 4251 in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 4.
Temporary local subject terms: Trades: dancing master -- Dancing -- Musical instruments: kit -- Furniture: side chair -- Pictures amplifying subject: monkey and cat dancing -- Architectural details: nailed floorboards.
- 1 print : plate mark 31.2 x 24.7 cm, on sheet 38 x 29 cm
- [State with top trimmed].
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- 769.01.02.01+ Impression 1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1769
Etchings England London 1769
- etching ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
England > 1769
England > London > 1769
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)