The paintress of macaroni's [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > The paintress of macaroni's [graphic].
- The paintress of macaroni's [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- Paintress of macaronies
- Bowles, Carington, 1724-1793, publisher.
- Published / Created
- published as the act directs, 13 April 1772.
- Publication Place
- Printed for Carington Bowles, Map & Printseller, No. 69 in St. Pauls Church Yard, London
Title from item.
Cf. No. 4582 in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 4.
Temporary local subject terms: Interiors: artist's studio -- Macaronies -- Female dress, 1772 -- Female dress: mob cap -- Toupée wig -- Club wig -- Furnishings: round mirror in gold frame -- Portrait paintings -- Artist's implements: palette and brushes -- Artist's implements: easel.
- 1 print : plate mark 35.4 x 25.2 cm, on sheet 41 x 30 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- [1st state?].
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1772
Mezzotints England London 1772
- mezzotint ; and laid paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Cosway, Maria Hadfield, 1759-1838
- Subject (Topic)
Cosway, Maria Hadfield, 1759-1838 > Caricatures and cartoons
Dandies > British
England > 1772
England > London > 1772
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)