A view of the Place des Victories [sic] at Paris [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > A view of the Place des Victories [sic] at Paris [graphic]
- A view of the Place des Victories [sic] at Paris [graphic]
- Alternative Title
View of the Place des Victories at Paris
View of the Place des Victoires at Paris
- Darly, Matthias, approximately 1720-approximately 1778, printmaker
Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811, artist.
Darly, M. publisher.
- Published / Created
- May 1, 1772.
- Publication Place
- Pub. by MDarly, Strand
Title from caption below image.
T. Scratchley is the pseudonym of Matthias Darly.
Artist identified as Bunbury in the British Museum catalogue.
Third of three known states. See curator's comments in British Museum online cat., registration no.: 1906,0823.2.
Later state with added numbering. Cf. no. 4919 in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 5.
Initial letters of publisher's name in imprint form a monogram.
Plate numbered "4" in upper left corner and "v. 2" in upper right corner.
Temporary local subject terms: Paris: Place des Victoires -- Monument to Louis XIV, King of France, 1638-1715 -- Beggars -- Shoeblacks -- Paris street scene -- Law and lawyers -- Male costume: Muffs.
- 1 print : plate mark 24.3 x 30 cm, on sheet 26 x 32 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- [State with pl. no. and v. no.].
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Bunbury 772.05.01.01+
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)