An evenings invitation, with a wink from the bagnio [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > An evenings invitation, with a wink from the bagnio [graphic].
- An evenings invitation, with a wink from the bagnio [graphic].
- Bowles, Carington, 1724-1793, publisher.
- Published / Created
- published as the act directs, [approximately January, 1773]
- Publication Place
- Printed for Carington Bowles, Map & Printseller, No. 69 in St. Paul's Church Yard, London
Title from item.
Publication date erased from this impression. Date on catalog card inferred from plate number placement in the Key to the dates of the series of mezzotints issued by Carington Bowles. In: Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 5, p. 786.
Plate numbered '269' in lower left corner.
Temporary local subject terms: Street scenes: Covent Garden -- Bagnios -- Trades: link boy -- Female dress, 1773.
Publication date erased from this impression.
- 1 print : plate mark 34.9 x 24.6 cm, on sheet 44 x 30 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)