Buckles and buttons I am the thing. Dem-me. [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Buckles and buttons I am the thing. Dem-me. [graphic]
- Buckles and buttons I am the thing. Dem-me. [graphic]
- Darly, Matthias, approximately 1720-approximately 1778, publisher.
- Published / Created
- Feb. 7, 1777.
- Publication Place
- Pub. by MDarly
A young man with a large nosegay in his lapel, holding a tasselled walking stick in his left hand and facing right wears the oversized shoe buckles and enormous buttons of the day, as well as a round hat with the brim held up on the sides by bands looped around a large button on the top
Title from item.
Publisher's initials "MD" form a monogram.
Title varies slightly from that given in British Museum catalogue: "I'm the thing...".
Numbered in plate at top: 23, V.2.
- 1 print : plate mark 34.8 x 24.4 cm, on sheet 38 x 27 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1777
Etchings England London 1777
Engravings England London 1777
- etching & engraving ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Dandies > British
Clothing & dress > England > 1770-1780
England > 1777
England > London > 1777
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)