The cork rump, or, Chloe's cushion [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > The cork rump, or, Chloe's cushion [graphic].
- The cork rump, or, Chloe's cushion [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- Chloe's cushion
- Walker, John, active 1784-1802, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [19 November 1776]
- Publication Place
- Pub'd Novr. 19, 1776 by J. Walker, No. 13 Parliament St.
Full length view of a young woman standing in profile looking to the right and front. Her hair forms an enormous pyramid and at its apex is pinned a frilled cap with long streamers of lace and ribbon. On the projection at the back of her skirt sits a poodle wearing a bow of ribbon. In her right hand she holds a spray of moss rose-buds. She wears an apron and a skirt which shows her ankles
Title from item.
Place of publication from Plomer; J. (John) Walker, was located at no. 13 Parliament St., London from 1776-1778.
Mounted to 35 x 25 cm.
- 1 print : plate mark 16.2 x 12.2 cm, on sheet 18 x 13 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England
Aquatints England London 1776
Etchings England London 1776
- etching & aquatint; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Hairstyles > England > 1770-1780
Clothing & dress > England > 1770-1780
England > London > 1776
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)