The bun macaroni [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > The bun macaroni [graphic].
- The bun macaroni [graphic].
- Published / Created
- [9 October 1772]
- Publication Place
- Pubd. accordg. to act Octr. 9, 1772, by MDarly, 39 Strand
A large man, shown whole length in profile walking to the right, is dressed as a baker and holds out a tray of buns
Title etched below image.
Initial letters of publisher's name in imprint form a monogram.
Plate from vol. V: Caricatures, macaronies, & characters. [London] : Pubd. by MDarly, 39 Strand, 1772.
Plate numbered "v. 5" in upper left corner and "2" in upper right corner.
1 print : etching on laid paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 17.5 x 12.4 cm, on sheet 24.9 x 14.9 cm.
- 1 print : plate mark 17.2 x 12.4 cm, on sheet 20 x 12.4 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 72 771 D37 v.5 plate 2
- Collection Title
- Leaf 92. Darly's comic-prints of characters, caricatures, macaronies, &c.
- Collection Date
- [London] : Pubd. by Mary Darly, Jany. 1, 1776.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1772
Etchings England London 1772
Watermarks (Paper) L V G.
- etching ; and laid paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Clothing & dress > England > 1770-1780
Dandies > British
England > 1772
England > London > 1772
L V G.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)