A peep in a camp kitchen by an over drove ox, with the French cook's retreat into the cistern [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > A peep in a camp kitchen by an over drove ox, with the French cook's retreat into the cistern [graphic]
- A peep in a camp kitchen by an over drove ox, with the French cook's retreat into the cistern [graphic]
- Austin, William, 1721-1820, printmaker
- Wilkinson, Robert, -approximately 1825, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [1 January 1780]
- Publication Place
- Published as the act directs 1st Jany. 1780 by Robert Wilkinson, at No.58 in Cornhill
Title from item.
Imperfect; sheet trimmed within plate mark.
Not in Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
- 1 print : sheet 28 x 34 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- [1st issue].
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1780
Etchings England London 1780
- etching & sepia wash ;
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
John Bull (Symbolic character)
John Bull (Symbolic character) > Caricatures and cartoons
Cooks > French > 18th century
Blacks > England > 18th century
Kitchens > England > 18th century
Cooking utensils > England > 18th century
England > 1780
England > London > 1780
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)