[Three French girls before a castle gate] [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > [Three French girls before a castle gate] [graphic]
- [Three French girls before a castle gate] [graphic]
- Alternative Title
- Three girls before Medieval gate
- Bretherton, James, approximately 1730-1806, printmaker
- Published / Created
- [4 March 1780]
- Publication Place
- Publish'd 4th March 1780 by Js. Bretherton, New Bond Street
"'Three French girls before a castle gate', standing in the line with books under their arms, the girl at left with her hands under her apron, looking at the ground, the central figure with a half-open fan and a posy of flowers tucked into her dress and the third with flowers on her bonnet, at right a figure on horseback enters the gate, a guard beside; circular design after Bunbury."--British Museum online catalogue
Title supplied by cataloger.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
Watermark: Edmeads 1799.
- 1 print : image diameter 28.8 cm, on sheet 32.7 x 29.4 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Bunbury 780.03.04.01.3+
- Collection Title
- Page 29. Bunbury album.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811.
- Collection Date
- [London], [between 1780 and 1794]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Etchings England London 1780
- etching ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > London > 1780
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)