[General Burgoyne] [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > [General Burgoyne] [graphic]
- [General Burgoyne] [graphic]
- Sayers, James, 1748-1823, printmaker
- Bretherton, Charles, approximately 1760-1783, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [17 June 1782]
- Publication Place
- Published 17th June 1782 by C. Bretherton
Full length portrait of Burgoyne as M.P. for Preston. He wears military dress and is turning toward the left, his hat in the left hand, his right extended and holding a paper
Title from British Museum catalogue.
Signed with the monogram of James Sayers.
Plate numbered "XV" in upper left corner.
- 1 print : plate mark 17.6 x 11.3 cm, on sheet 26 x 21 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Collection Title
- Leaf 4. Folio album of 144 caricatures.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Sayers, James, 1748-1823.
- Collection Date
- [London], [between 1782 and 1810]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Etchings England London 1782
- etching with roulette ;
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
- Burgoyne, John, 1722-1792
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Burgoyne, John, 1722-1792 > Caricatures and cartoons
Clothing & dress > England > 1780-1790
Military uniforms > British
England > London > 1782
Eldon, John Scott, Earl of, 1751-1838 > Ownership
Sayers, James, 1748-1823 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)