Beauty in search of knowledge [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > Beauty in search of knowledge [graphic].
- Beauty in search of knowledge [graphic].
- Robert Sayer and John Bennett (Firm), publisher
- Published / Created
- 30th Decr. 1782.
- Publication Place
- Printed for R. Sayer & J. Bennett ... No. 53 Fleet Street ...
Depicts a pretty and elegantly attired young lady standing outside a circulating library. She faces right, turned towards the viewer, a parasol under her right arm and a book in her left hand. The windows of the library are filled with displays of books and pictures
- Title from item.
- 1 print : plate mark 354 x 253 mm., on sheet 41 x 29 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Mezzotints England London 1782
- mezzotint with etching ;
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Window displays > England > 18th century
Libraries > England > 18th century
Clothing & dress > England > 1780-1790
England > London > 1782
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)