A coalition of parties give Justice her claims. [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > A coalition of parties give Justice her claims. [graphic]
- A coalition of parties give Justice her claims. [graphic]
- Alternative Title
- Give Justice her claims
Gillray, James, 1756-1815, atttributed name.
Darchery, Elizabeth, approximately 1739-1819, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [28 February 1783]
- Publication Place
- Pub. E. D. Achery Feb 28. 1783 St. James St.
Lord North and Charles Fox, with a fox's head and hands folded as in prayer, hang from a post finished at the top with a large oval shield with a double St. George's cross. Each noose is suspended from a nail driven into the cross
Title from item.
Formerly attributed to James Gillray. See British Museum catalogue.
- 1 print : plate mark 35.1 x 25 cm, on sheet 39 x 28 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- [1st state, with single rule border].
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1783
Engravings England London 1783
Etchings England London 1783
- etching & engraving ;
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806.
North, Frederick, Lord, 1732-1792.
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806
North, Frederick, Lord, 1732-1792
Clothing & dress > England > 1780-1790
England > 1783
England > London > 1783
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)