Coalition minuet [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > Coalition minuet [graphic].
- Coalition minuet [graphic].
- Darchery, Elizabeth, approximately 1739-1819, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [29 March 1783]
- Publication Place
- Pub. by E. Dachery March 29, 1783, St. James Street
Design in oval. In a ballroom, Lord North, dressed as a lady in hooped petticoats and wearing his Garter ribbon, is dancing with Charles Fox who holds his hat in his left hand. Behind them sits Lord Chancellor Thurlow playing the bagpipes while at the same time receiving a bag of money handed him by Britannia who sits next to him. Thurlow retained the chancellor's office through two administrations preceding the North-Fox coalition before he was forced by Fox to resign. The bag of money may refer to the pension he was then granted
- Title from item.
- 1 print : plate mark 17.6 x 25 cm, on sheet 19 x 26 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1783
Engravings England London 1783
Etchings England London 1783
- etching & engraving with stipple engraving ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806
North, Frederick, Lord, 1732-1792
Thurlow, Edward Thurlow, Baron, 1731-1806
- Subject (Topic)
Britannia (Symbolic character)
Clothing & dress
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806 > Caricatures and cartoons
North, Frederick, Lord, 1732-1792 > Caricatures and cartoons
Thurlow, Edward Thurlow, Baron, 1731-1806 > Caricatures and cartoons
Britannia (Symbolic character) > Caricatures and cartoons
Clothing & dress > England > 1780-1790
England > 1783
England > London > 1783
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)