The fox hunt, or, View holla! from Leadenhall Street [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > The fox hunt, or, View holla! from Leadenhall Street [graphic].
- The fox hunt, or, View holla! from Leadenhall Street [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- View holla! from Leadenhall Street
- Collings, Samuel, printmaker
- Wells, William, active 1777-1784, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [27 January 1784]
- Publication Place
- Pubd. Jany. 27th, 1784, by W. Wells, No. 132, opposite Salisbury Court, Fleet Street
A fox is being hunted by three dogs encouraged in their attack by two men with whips and a crowd of spectators. A burning sheet signed, "India Bill" is tied to the tail of the fox who turns back to snarl at a hound wearing a collar signed, "Pitt," while a bulldog with a collar signed "Thurlo[w]" and a spaniel with a collar signed "Tem[ple]" atack from the front. In the background is the East India House
Title from item.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Mounted to 30 x 46 cm.
- 1 print : plate mark 25.1 x 34.6 cm, on sheet 27 x 44 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1784
Etchings England London 1784
- etching with stipple ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806.
Pitt, William, 1759-1806.
Thurlow, Edward Thurlow, Baron, 1731-1806.
Buckingham, George Nugent Temple Grenville, Marquess of, 1753-1813.
East India Company.
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806
Pitt, William, 1759-1806
Thurlow, Edward Thurlow, Baron, 1731-1806
Buckingham, George Nugent Temple Grenville, Marquess of, 1753-1813
East India Company
Clothing & dress > England > 1780-1790
England > 1784
England > London > 1784
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)