The state nurses [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > The state nurses [graphic].
- The state nurses [graphic].
- Barrow, J., active 1782-1785, printmaker
- Published / Created
- [11 March 1784]
- Publication Place
- Pubd. by H. Humphrey, March 11, 1784, No. 50 New Bond Street
Charles Fox, dressed as a nurse, stands in front of a brick house, indicating an empty cradle with a label, "Reynard state cradle wrocker." Lord North, also in nurse's clothes, leans out the window above the entrance holding out a dirty diaper. On the wall to his left is pasted advertisement for employment the "nurses" seek, referring both the the defeat of Fox-North Coalition and Fox's close association with the Prince of Wales
Title from item.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Place of publication from address.
Mounted to 41 x 28 cm.
- 1 print : plate mark 349 x 247 mm, on sheet 37 x 27 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- 784.03.11.03+ Impression 1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1784
Etchings England London 1784
- etching with stipple, hand-colored ;
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806.
North, Frederick, Lord, 1732-1792.
- Subject (Topic)
Politics and government
Clothing & dress
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806
North, Frederick, Lord, 1732-1792
Great Britain > Politics and government > 1760-1789
Houses > England > 1780-1790
Clothing & dress > England > 1780-1790
England > 1784
England > London > 1784
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)