The fox and the geese triumphant [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > The fox and the geese triumphant [graphic]
- The fox and the geese triumphant [graphic]
- Dent, William, active 1783-1793, printmaker
- Published / Created
- May 21st, 1784.
- Publication Place
- Published, as the act directs, by J. Brown, Rathbone Place
Title from item.
Temporary local subject terms: Kelly, Justice of the Peace, fl. 1784 -- Medal of the Justices of the Peace in Westminster -- Chairing: Fox on goose -- Prince of Wales as a goose -- Emblems: Prince of Wales's feathers -- Mottos: 'Ich Dien' -- Apothecary's mortar and pestles -- Election flags -- Allusion to butchers -- Allusion to Spittalfields weavers -- Musical instruments.
Mounted to 31 x 45 cm.
- 1 print : plate mark 25.3 x 22.3 cm, on sheet 28.0 x 38.0 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1784
Drypoints England London 1784
Etchings England London 1784
- etching & drypoint ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
George IV, King of Great Britain, 1762-1830
Cavendish, Georgiana Spencer, Duchess of Devonshire, 1757-1806
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806
House, Samuel, -1785
Hall, Edward, active 1784-1793
Norfolk, Charles Howard, Duke of, 1746-1815
Cavendish, John, Lord, 1732-1796
Great Britain. Parliament
- Subject (Topic)
George IV, King of Great Britain, 1762-1830 > Caricatures and cartoons
Cavendish, Georgiana Spencer, Duchess of Devonshire, 1757-1806 > Caricatures and cartoons
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806 > Caricatures and cartoons
House, Samuel, -1785 > Caricatures and cartoons
Hall, Edward, active 1784-1793 > Caricatures and cartoons
Norfolk, Charles Howard, Duke of, 1746-1815 > Caricatures and cartoons
Cavendish, John, Lord, 1732-1796 > Caricatures and cartoons
Great Britain. Parliament > Elections, 1784
Political elections > England > London
England > 1784
England > London > 1784
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)