The triumph of virtue [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > The triumph of virtue [graphic]
- The triumph of virtue [graphic]
- Dent, William, active 1783-1793, printmaker
- Published / Created
- June 14th, 1784.
- Publication Place
- Pubd. as the act directs, by J. Brown, Rathbone Place
Title from item.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
Temporary local subject terms: Literature: Quotation from John Dryden, 1631-1700, King Arthur or the British worthy -- General elections -- Defeat of Fox -- Allusion to the defeat of the East India Bill, 1783 -- Crowns -- Devil -- Laurel wreaths -- Chains -- Pitchforks -- Angels.
Partial watermark: initials L V G under shield.
Mounted to 29 x 37 cm.
- 1 print : sheet 26 x 34 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1784
Drypoints England London 1784
Etchings England London 1784
- etching & drypoint ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
George III, King of Great Britain, 1738-1820
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806
Pitt, William, 1759-1806
George III, King of Great Britain, 1738-1820 > Caricatures and cartoons
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806 > Caricatures and cartoons
Pitt, William, 1759-1806 > Caricatures and cartoons
England > 1784
England > London > 1784
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)