[Viscount Sydney] [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > [Viscount Sydney] [graphic]
- [Viscount Sydney] [graphic]
- Sayers, James, 1748-1823, printmaker
- Bretherton, James, approximately 1730-1806, publisher.
- Published / Created
- 14th July 1784.
- Publication Place
- Published by Jas. Bretherton
"Sydney, Pitt's Secretary of State for the Home Department, stands in profile to the left, his hat held out in his right hand, his left on his sword."--British Museum catalogue
Title from British Museum catalogue.
Signed with the monogram of James Sayers.
Numbered '28' in contemporary hand in the upper right corner.
- 1 print : plate mark 17.7 x 11.2 cm, on sheet 23 x 15 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Collection Title
- Leaf 10. Folio album of 144 caricatures.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Sayers, James, 1748-1823.
- Collection Date
- [London], [between 1782 and 1810]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Caricatures England 1784
Etchings England London 1784
- etching with stipple ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
- Sydney, Thomas Townshend, Viscount, 1733-1800
- Subject (Topic)
Sydney, Thomas Townshend, Viscount, 1733-1800 > Caricatures and cartoons
Politicians > England
England > 1784
England > London > 1784
Eldon, John Scott, Earl of, 1751-1838 > Ownership
Sayers, James, 1748-1823 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)