Les incommodites de Janvier 1786 [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Les incommodites de Janvier 1786 [graphic]
- Les incommodites de Janvier 1786 [graphic]
- Barlow, Inigo, printmaker
- Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [20 February 1786]
- Publication Place
- Publish'd as the act directs Feby. 20th 1786 by H. Humphrey, No. 51 New Bond St.
"A lady stands in profile to the right, her hands in an enormous globular muff, on which rests the projecting gauze which covers her breast. Her petticoats project at the back in the fashionable manner, but scarcely balance the muff. Her wide-brimmed hat is even more exaggerated, and projects all round her like a tent. Her hair is puffed out at the sides with curls which rest on her false breast, and a looped and plaited queue which reaches nearly to her projecting petticoats."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Mss. note in ink on verso: No. 13, HW's (Horace Walpole) print in NYPL.
- 1 print : plate mark 21.5 x 16.9 cm, on sheet 24 x 19.7 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1786
Etchings England London 1786
Engravings England London 1786
- etching and engraving ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Fashion > England > 18th century
Clothing & dress > England > 1780-1790
England > 1786
England > London > 1786
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)