Geoffrey Gambado, Esqr. [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Geoffrey Gambado, Esqr. [graphic]
- Geoffrey Gambado, Esqr. [graphic]
Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811, artist.
Dickinson, William, 1746 or 1747-1823, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [1 September 1786]
- Publication Place
- Publish'd Sepr. 1st, 1786, by W. Dickinson, engraver & printseller, No. 158 Bond Street
"A stout man seated by a table (left), one hand resting on a book as if sitting for a portrait. He holds a crutch, one gouty foot is bandaged; his hair is tousled, his face ludicrously contorted buy a frown. Four framed prints of men on horseback or leading horses are on the wall, which is also decorated by a pair of clumsy top-boots hanging from a nail. A saddle leans against the wall."--British Museum catalogue
Title from text below image.
Frontispiece to: An academy for grown horsemen ... / by Geoffrey Gambado [pseud.] ... London : W. Dickinson [etc.], 1787.
Imperfect; artist's signature has been mostly erased from lower left corner of sheet. Missing text supplied from impression in the British Museum.
Temporary local subject terms: Medical equipment -- Medical disease -- Male costume: Top boots -- Furniture: Pictures that amplify subject of print.
- 1 print : plate mark 225 x 200 mm, on sheet 240 x 210 mm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Bunbury 786.09.01.01 Impression 1
- Collection Title
- Volume 2, page 66. Etchings by Henry William Bunbury, Esq. and after his designs.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, collector.
- Collection Date
- [Strawberry Hill], [between 1765 and 1792]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1786
Stipple engravings England London 1786
- stipple engraving with line engraving ; and laid paper sepia ink.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > 1786
England > London > 1786
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)