How to ride up Hyde Park [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > How to ride up Hyde Park [graphic]
- How to ride up Hyde Park [graphic]
Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811, artist.
Dickinson, William, 1746 or 1747-1823, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [1 September 1786]
- Publication Place
- Publish'd Sepr. 1th [sic], 1786, by W. Dickingson [sic], engraver & printseller, No. 158 Bond Street
"A smartly dressed man of vulgar appearance rides (left to right) a horse which starts forward. He looks smiling to the right; his right leg is thrust forward almost horizontally, his right hand is on the horse's neck."--British Museum online catalogue
Title from text below image.
Plate from: An academy for grown horsemen ... / by Geoffrey Gambado [pseud.] ... London : W. Dickinson [etc.], 1787.
Temporary local subject terms: Horse and rider -- Horsemanship.
Watermark, partially trimmed.
- 1 print : plate mark 22.8 x 20.5 cm, on sheet 24 x 22 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Bunbury 786.09.01.07 Impression 1
- Collection Title
- Volume 2, page 68. Etchings by Henry William Bunbury, Esq. and after his designs.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, collector.
- Collection Date
- [Strawberry Hill], [between 1765 and 1792]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1786
Stipple engravings England London 1786
Etchings England London 1786
- stipple engraving and etching ; and laid paper sepia ink.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
- Horseback riding
England > 1786
England > London > 1786
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)