In fashion Out of fashion. [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > In fashion Out of fashion. [graphic]
- In fashion Out of fashion. [graphic]
- Published / Created
- [18 January 1787]
- Publication Place
- Pubd. Jany. 18, 1787, by S.W. Fores at the Caricature Warehouse, No. 3 Piccadilly
"Two companion designs on one plate. On the left, directed to the right, stands a lady wearing the projecting gauze at her breast and the inflated petticoats then fashionable. Her wide-brimmed hat is trimmed with feathers and a curtain-frill of lace. Ringlets rest on her shoulders from her puffed-out hair. She holds a large muff. On the right, directed to the left, stands a country girl whose round hat, ringlets, kerchief, and looped-up petticoats resemble those of the fashionable lady, but without the exaggeration of the latter."--British Museum online catalogue
Titles etched below each of two images on one plate.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
Temporary local subject terms: Ladies' costumes -- Country girl.
- 1 print : sheet 270 x 412 mm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1787
Etchings England London 1787
- etching ; and laid paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Clothing & dress > England > 1780-1790
England > 1787
England > London > 1787
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)