The village doctress [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > The village doctress [graphic].
- The village doctress [graphic].
- Sayer, Robert, 1725-1794, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [20 June 1787]
- Publication Place
- Publish'd 20th June 1787 by Robt. Sayer, 53 Fleet Street
An old woman wearing a white apron and bonnet sits in a chair, with two canes at her side. She is bandaging the hand of a tearful young woman, while another young woman looks on. A cat sits in the ledge beneath a casement window
Title from item.
Numbered '199' in lower right corner of plate.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
- 1 print : plate mark 15.2 x 12 cm, on sheet 19 x 14 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- 787.06.20.01 Impression 1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Mezzotints England London 1787
- mezzotint ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Clothing & dress > England > 1780-1790
England > London > 1787
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)