A scene at Cheltenham [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > A scene at Cheltenham [graphic].
- A scene at Cheltenham [graphic].
- Published / Created
- [28 July 1788]
- Publication Place
- Pub. July 28, 1788, by S.W. Fores, No. 3 Piccadilly
George III drinks from a stream pouring from a pump labelled Cheltenham. The queen stands near him pulling on his coat to stop his drinking as two of the princesses stand behind her, one saying "My Papa will leave none for us."
Title from item.
Watermark: J Whatman.
- 1 print : plate mark 23.7 x 34.7 cm, on sheet 28 x 44 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- 788.07.28.01+ Impression 1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1788
Etchings England London 1788
Watermarks (Paper) J. Whatman
- etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
George III, King of Great Britain, 1738-1820
Charlotte, consort of George III, King of Great Britain, 1744-1818
- Subject (Topic)
George III, King of Great Britain, 1738-1820 > Caricatures and cartoons
George III, King of Great Britain, 1738-1820 > Health
Charlotte, consort of George III, King of Great Britain, 1744-1818 > Caricatures and cartoons
Health resorts > England > Cheltenham
Water pumps > England > Cheltenham
England > 1788
England > London > 1788
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)