[Letter: Toribio de Montes to Andrew Ross]
- [Letter: Toribio de Montes to Andrew Ross]
- Montes, Toribio de
- Published / Created
- 1808 February 17
- Andrew Ross (1773-1812), Army officer who suppressed the 1802 mutiny of several regiments at Gibraltar; probably appointed Governor of Essequibo and Demerara in 1807 or 1808. He retired to Madeira for his health in 1809, but returned to service in the Peninsular War and died at the siege of Carthagena on September 26, 1812.
- 1 folder (1 letter) ; 31 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- OSB MSS 108
- Collection Title
- Letters and documents relating to Andrew Ross
- Collection/Other Creator
- Ross, Andrew, 1773-1812
- Collection Date
- Container / Volume Information
- Box 1 | Folder 3
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
letters (correspondence) (AAT)
- Subject (Geographic)
Puerto Rico--History--19th century--Sources
Saint Croix (United States Virgin Islands)--History--Sources
- Subject (Name)
Montes, Toribio de
- Subject (Topic)
Napoleonic Wars, 1800-1815--Campaigns--Caribbean Area
Napoleonic Wars, 1800-1815--Campaigns--Spain
Peninsular War, 1807-1814--Campaigns--Spain
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Letters and Documents Relating to Andrew Ross. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record