Folly of an old man marrying a young wife [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > Folly of an old man marrying a young wife [graphic].
- Folly of an old man marrying a young wife [graphic].
- Cruikshank, Isaac, 1756?-1811?, printmaker
- Sayer, Robert, 1725-1794, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [1 May 1790]
- Publication Place
- Published 1st May, 1790, by Robt. Sayer, Fleet Street, London
"A young woman sits up in bed to pull the nose of a fat 'cit' who sits beside her, putting her left arm round his neck. His hat and stick lie on the ground. Behind (right) a young man in his shirt, wearing his hat and carrying shoes and coat, &c, slips from the room."--British Museum online catalogue
Title engraved below image.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
One of a series of "Drolls."
- 1 print : plate mark 20 x 24.9 cm, on sheet 23 x 28 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1790
Engravings England London 1790
Etchings England London 1790
- etching and stipple engraving ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > 1790
England > London > 1790
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)