[The tithe pig] [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > [The tithe pig] [art original].
- [The tithe pig] [art original].
- Newton, Richard, 1777-1798, artist
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1791?]
- Publication Place
A thin emaciated Parson holds a 'tithe' in the form of a pig in a basket while a second Parson, obese with a huge puanch, raises a stick in the air and opens his mouth wide as if beginning an admonishment
Title, date, and artist attribution suggested by cataloger.
For further information, consult library staff.
- 1 drawing : sheet 16.6 x 14 cm, mounted to 27 x 20 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Drawings N481 no. 5 Box D140
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Richard Newton, The Tithe Pig. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)