The humbug, or, An attempt at tragedy with the Joram upsett [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > The humbug, or, An attempt at tragedy with the Joram upsett [graphic].
- The humbug, or, An attempt at tragedy with the Joram upsett [graphic].
- Alternative Title
Attempt at tragedy with the Jordan upsett
Attempt at tragedy with the Jordan upset
Attempt at tragedy with the Joram upset
- Cruikshank, Isaac, 1756?-1811?, printmaker
- Fores, S. W., publisher.
- Published / Created
- [20 December 1791]
- Publication Place
- Pub. Decm. 20, 1791, by S.W. Fores, No. 3 Piccadilly
Title from item.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
'Jordan' in title scored through and replaced with 'Joram.'
Temporary local subject terms: Interiors: theaters -- Theater stage -- Allusion to Drury Lane Theatre -- Actors -- Theater boxes -- Audience -- Alcohol: gin -- Emblems: Duke of Wales's feathers.
Watermark: F & D.
- 1 print : plate mark 24.7 x 34.9 cm, on sheet 27.0 x 39.0 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1791
Etchings England London 1791
- etching ; and laid paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
George IV, King of Great Britain, 1762-1830
William IV, King of Great Britain, 1765-1837
Jordan, Dorothy, 1761-1816
George IV, King of Great Britain, 1762-1830 > Caricatures and cartoons
William IV, King of Great Britain, 1765-1837 > Caricatures and cartoons
Jordan, Dorothy, 1761-1816 > Caricatures and cartoons
England > 1791
England > London > 1791
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)