Golf Course, 1947
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Golf Course, 1947
- Golf Course, 1947
- Alternative Title
- Course plan
Lacerenza, William A
Mayer, Peter F
Reuter, Louis W
Suess, George H
Van Kannel, T. (Theophilus), 1841-1919
- Published / Created
A collection of blueprints, plans, and building permits for Coney Island attractions and for the Witching Waves ride in Detroit and Euclid Beach Park, Cleveland. The Witching Waves ride was originally a Coney Island attraction that was later licensed to other locations. Collection includes plans for rides (such as Witching Waves, Bubble Bounce, Roll-O-Plane, and Thunderbolt), restaurants, arcades, a revolving platform and a miniature golf course, as well as for foundations, pipelines, and concrete piers. Includes also plans for an elephant track and stables for 5 elephants and 5 persons.
Architects and surveyors named on plans: T. Van Kannel, George H. Suess, William A. Lacerenza, Peter F. Meyer, Louis W. Reuter.
Collection includes 1 blueline print and 1 manuscript floor plan and duplicate blueprints.
Imperfect: manuscript floor plan mutilated with loss of text.
Stamps of the Department of Housing and Buildings, Borough of Brooklyn, City of New York.
- 1 folder ; 51 x 82 cm. and smaller
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- BrSides Elephant Folio 2013 7
- Collection Title
- Amusement park attractions : blueprints, plans, and building permits for Coney Island and other locations.
- Collection Created
- [United States :
- Collection Date
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Subject (Geographic)
Coney Island (New York, N.Y.)
Euclid Beach Park (Cleveland, Ohio)
- Subject (Topic)
Amusement parks--New York (State)--New York
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)