Summa de casibus conscientiae
- Summa de casibus conscientiae
- Bartholomaeus de Sancto Concordio and Giovanni, dalle Celle, ca. 1310-ca. 1396
- Published / Created
- [between 1400 and 1450]
- Publication Place
- Italy (Pisa?),
- Manuscript on paper of Bartholomaeus de Sancto Concordio (Bartholomaeus Pisanus O.P., 1262-1347), Summa de casibus conscientiae (Kaeppeli 436), also called Summa Bartolina, Pisana, Pisanella, Magistrutia), translated into Italian by Iohannes de Cellis (Giovanni dalle Celle, 1310-1394 or 1400). With a preface by the translator, explaining why he has abandoned the alphabetical organization of the original text.
Binding: Eighteenth century. Parchment over cardboard. Spine with three raised bands and handwritten title: “Somma / del / Maestruccio / MS.” Two white leather ties. Paper endleaves.
Paragraph marks and headings in red. Space and guide letters for 3-line initials (4-line f. 1r, art. 1; 5-line f. 2r, art. 3), which have not been executed.
Script: Copied by one hand in Gothico-Humanistica Libraria with single-compartment a.
- ff. ii + 201 + i : paper ; 285 x 195 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 759
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image and text
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Bartholomaeus de Sancto Concordio
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Bartholomaeus de Sancto Concordio, Summa de Casibus Conscientiae. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information