Mirabilia Romae; Valerius Maximus, Facta et dicta memorabilia, with glosses
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Mirabilia Romae; Valerius Maximus, Facta et dicta memorabilia, with glosses
- Mirabilia Romae; Valerius Maximus, Facta et dicta memorabilia, with glosses
- Valerius Maximus
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany,
Manuscript on paper containing 1) Legendary history of the foundation of Rome. 2) Mirabilia Romae. 3) Note on Roman abbreviations especially for personal names. 4) Heading of an index to the Roman History of Livy (?). 5) Note on officials, functions and institutions of the Roman empire. 6) Note on the structure of Roman personal names. 7) Headings of the chapters of Books 1-9 of Facta et dicta memorabilia. 8) Giunta de Sancto Giminiano (14th century), alphabetical table to Facta et dicta memorabilia, from A to T, with ample blank spaces between each letter of the alphabet. 9) Mentions of Valerius Maximus and Livy in works of Thomas Aquinas and Nicholas of Lyre. 10) Valerius Maximus (1st century), Facta et dicta memorabilia, including the pseudepigraphic Book 10, De interpretacionibus nominum.
Binding: Nineteenth century. Quarter binding in brown leather, the cardboard covers covered with marbled brown paper. Gold-tooled spine with five raised bands and brown title label with gold-tooled inscription: “VALERIUS MAXIMUS / MANUSCRIPTUM”. Red sprinkled edges.
Script: Copied by one hand in Gothica Cursiva Libraria, the text very large, the glosses small.
The pages damaged by the acidity of the ink.
Underlining, paragraph marks, headings, stroking of majuscules and plain initials (with guide letters), all in red.
- ff. ii + 444 + ii : paper ; 310 x 210 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 762
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
Rome (Italy)--Description and travel
- Subject (Name)
- Valerius Maximus
- Subject (Topic)
Didactic literature, Latin
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Mirabilia Romae; Valerius Maximus, Facta et Dicta Memorabilia. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information