- De diphthongis
- Guarino, Veronese, 1374-1460
- Published / Created
- [between 1450 and 1500]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper of Guarinus Veronensis (Guarino da Verona, 1374-1460), De diphthongis, consisting mainly of annotated lists of words containing the diphthongs "ae" and "oe" successively. In both cases the words beginning with the diphthong come first, followed, in alphabetical order, by those in which the diphthong is in another position ("in mediis"). In the introductory text spaces have been left open for the Greek words, which have not been added.
Binding: Twentieth century. White parchment over cardboard; paper endleaves.
Headings in red ink. There are guide letters and space for a 4-line initial on f. 1r and a 2-line initial on f. 1v, but neither initial has been executed.
Script: One hand, writing an imperfect Humanistica Semitextualis Libraria, using tironian et instead of the ampersand and mixing ae and ẹ.
The paper at places damaged by the acid ink.
- ff. i + 9 + i : paper ; 210 x 150 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 765
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Latin language--Glossaries, vocabularies, etc.--Early works to 1800
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Guarinus Veronensis, De Diphthongis. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information