Lives of Sts. Agapitus, Iustina and Secundus
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Lives of Sts. Agapitus, Iustina and Secundus
- Lives of Sts. Agapitus, Iustina and Secundus
- Published / Created
- [between 1400 and 1500]
- Publication Place
- Italy (Gubbio?),
Manuscript on parchment of 1) Passio S. Agapiti. 2) Passio S. Iustinae. 3) Passio S. Secundi. Followed by poems in praise of St. Secundus and a note on his translation from Gubbio to Pergola.
Artt. 1-2 have headings and explicit formulas in red but are otherwise undecorated. On f. 1r there is space for a 4-5-line initial, on f. 3r for a 4-line initial. Art. 3 opens with a 3-line decorated initial in black and orange, with penwork extensions in the left margin, and all majuscules in this part have red stroking.
Binding: Twentieth century. Blue and yellow marbled paper over pasteboard. Paper endleaves.
Script: The main part is copied by two hands: A (artt. 1-2), writing a careful Humanistica Textualis; B copied art. 3 in Southern Gothica Semitextualis; the first two pages of this section (ff. 5v-6r) are very faded and worn and are probably palimpsest.
- ff. i + 8 + i : parchment ; 280 x 195 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 772
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Lives of Sts. Agapitus, Iustina and Secundus. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information