Moralia in Iob [Fragment]
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Moralia in Iob [Fragment]
- Moralia in Iob [Fragment]
- Gregory I, Pope, ca. 540-604
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1200]
- Publication Place
- Southeastern France,
Manuscript fragment on parchment of Gregorius Magnus (Gregory the Great, pope 590-604), Moralia in Iob.
Script: Written in bold Praegothica marked by strong bifurcation at the top of the ascenders, frequent use of lengthened i, unusual ct-ligature and the Southern form of tironian et.
The inner margin is trimmed, damaging part of the initial on the recto. Both pages are stained and the recto (hair side) is worn.
The text opens with a 6-line decorated initial P, half inset, with long tail in the margin in red and blue.
- f. 1 : parchment ; ca. 380 x ca. 265 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 777
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Gregory--I,--Pope,--ca. 540-604
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Gregory the Great, Moralia in Iob. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information