Dogbery and Verges with the watch [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Dogbery and Verges with the watch [graphic]
- Dogbery and Verges with the watch [graphic]
- Meadows, Robert Mitchell, printmaker
- Published / Created
- [1 January 1794]
- Publication Place
- Publish'd Jany. 1st, 1794, by Thos. Macklin, Poets Gallery, Fleet Street
Title from caption below image.
Text below title: From the original drawing, in the collection of Her Royal Highness the Duchess of York.
Lines of dialogue on either side of title: Dog. Are you good men and true? Ver. Yea, or else it were pity but they should suffer ...
"Vide Much ado about nothing, Act 3d, Scene 2d."
Sheet trimmed to plate mark.
One of a series of plates illustrating scenes from Shakespeare's plays, engraved after the drawings of Bunbury by various printmakers and published 1792-1796 by Thomas Macklin.
Mounted on canvas.
- 1 print : plate mark 41.8 x 49 cm, on sheet 42.1 x 49 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Bunbury 794.01.01.02++ Impression 1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Stipple engravings England London 1794
A la poupée prints England London 1794
- stipple engraving with etching à la poupée ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 > Illustrations
England > London > 1794
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)