The effects of flattery [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > The effects of flattery [graphic]
- The effects of flattery [graphic]
- Cruikshank, Isaac, 1756?-1811?, printmaker
Woodward, G. M. approximately 1760-1809, artist.
Fores, S. W., publisher.
- Published / Created
- [1 November 1794]
- Publication Place
- Published Nover. 1st, 1794, by S.W. Fores, No. Piccadilly
Title from caption below image.
Restrike. Date of printing based on watermark.
Design consists of eight pairs of figures in two rows, with lines of dialogue etched above each figure.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark on three edges.
Numbered in upper right corner: Pl. 1.
For earlier state with "June" in place of "Nover." in imprint, see no. 8541 in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7.
Temporary local subject terms: Male costume, 1794 -- Riding habit -- Female costume, 1794 -- Naval uniforms -- Clergy: Church warden.
Watermark: J. Whatman 1822.
- 1 print : sheet 35.9 x 49 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)