A visit to the Irish pig!! with reflections physical & moral [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > A visit to the Irish pig!! with reflections physical & moral [graphic].
- A visit to the Irish pig!! with reflections physical & moral [graphic].
- Cruikshank, Isaac, 1756?-1811?, printmaker
- Fores, S. W., publisher.
- Published / Created
- Jan. 7, 1799.
- Publication Place
- Published by S.W. Fores, No. 50 Piccadilly
Title etched below image.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
To the right of title: This pig measures 5 feet high, is 10 feet long.
Printseller's announcement following publication statement: Folios of caricatures lent.
Temporary local subject terms: Interiors: stables -- Animals: Enniscorthy boar -- Gifts: gift from Irish ex-rebels to George III -- Reference to the Irish Rebellion, May 1798 -- Lighting: lantern -- Tools: fork -- Broom --Emblems: Lord Chamberlain's white ribbon with key to household -- Courtiers -- Military uniforms: Light Horse regimentals -- Quizzing glasses.
- 1 print : sheet 26 x 35 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1799
Etchings England London 1799
Watermarks (Paper) Durham
- etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
George III, King of Great Britain, 1738-1820
Salisbury, James Cecil, Marquess of, 1748-1823
George III, King of Great Britain, 1738-1820 > Caricatures and cartoons
Salisbury, James Cecil, Marquess of, 1748-1823 > Caricatures and cartoons
England > 1799
England > London > 1799
Fores, S. W > Stamp
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)