Sermons by or ascribed to Roberto Caracciolo
- Sermons by or ascribed to Roberto Caracciolo
- Caracciolo, Roberto, 1425-1495
- Published / Created
- [between 1475 and 1500]
- Publication Place
- Southern Italy,
- Manuscript on paper of a collection of sermons. The author is nowhere mentioned; the sermons are all in the learned style of Caracciolo (Robertus Caracciolus, Robertus de Licio OFM, 1425-1495), but only a few of them can be identified, so the authorship of most is not certified. With a list of impediments to Communion. The margins, inserted leaves and leaflets are covered with abundant additional material and notes in the same and in other contemporary hands, generally in Latin, some in Italian. In the text, the additions, and the notes a very large number of classical, patristic and medieval authors are quoted.
f. 2 missing
ff. 71-94 (two quires) are missing. The upper edges of the final leaves are damaged by moist.There are many inserted leaflets.
Watermarks: Bird, Briquet 12202; Human head, Briquet 15705; Hunting horn, var. Briquet 7698; Standing human figure, var. Briquet 7537; unidentified watermark.
- ff. 264 + i : paper ; 210 x 145 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 783
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Sermons by or ascribed to Roberto Caracciolo. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information