Biblia Sacra, cum prologo H. Heironymi
- Biblia Sacra, cum prologo H. Heironymi
- Published / Created
- 13th century.
- Publication Place
- France (Paris?),
- Manuscript on parchment of an illuminated Bible, with the prologues attributed to St. Jerome, and interpretations of the Hebrew names.
Binding: 19th century: calf over cardboard; both covers and spine, in six compartments, gold-tooled. Purple silk doublures.
Manuscript on parchment of an illuminated Bible, with the prologues attributed to St. Jerome; interpretations of the Hebrew names: Interpretationes nominum Hebraicorum, with additions in the margins and at the end; an alphabetical list of words with explanations and/or ethymologies; a table of Epistles, Gospels and other readings for the ecclesiastical year: Temporale, Sanctorale and Common of the Saints; and a list, in two columns, of the kings of Juda and Israel.
Script: probably copied by one hand in extremely small Gothica Textualis Libraria (Perlschrift). Article 3 is by a contemporary hand. Numerous historiated initials of various sizes with long vertical extensions.
- ff. 643: parchment; 145 x 95 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 793
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Jerome,--Saint,--d. 419 or 20
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Biblia Sacra, cum Prologo H. Heironymi. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information