Appointment of Girolamo Michiel as podestà of Asolo
- Appointment of Girolamo Michiel as podestà of Asolo
- Vendramin, Andrea, 1392-1478
- Published / Created
- 4 May 1477.
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment (goatskin) of Andrea Vendramin, Doge of Venice (1476-1478), Commission (dogale) to Girolamo Michiel as governor of Asolo, near Treviso.
On f. 1r white vinestem initial (6 lines) with long extensions in the upper and left margins; in the lower margin partial border in white vinestem, containing three medallions: the two outer ones feature the initials “I” and “M” in gold on a blue background; the larger, central one contains the coat of arms of Girolamo Michiel on a purplish red background in a green wreath.
Script: Art. 1 is copied by one hand in a narrow Humanistica Cursiva Libraria, art. 2 by a hand writing Humanistica Cursiva Currens.
- ff. 12 : parchment ; 265 x 190 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 789
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
Venice (Italy)--Politics and government
- Subject (Name)
- Vendramin, Andrea,--1392-1478
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Andrea Vendramin, Doge of Venice, Appointment of Girolamo Michiel as Podestà of Asolo. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information