John Bull in a rage forcing Nic frog to fight against his will [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > John Bull in a rage forcing Nic frog to fight against his will [graphic].
- John Bull in a rage forcing Nic frog to fight against his will [graphic].
- Cruikshank, Isaac, 1756?-1811?, printmaker
- Fores, S. W., publisher.
- Published / Created
- [9 February 1793]
- Publication Place
- Pub. Feb. 9, 1793, by S.W. Fores, N. 3 Piccadilly
Title etched below image.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark on sides and bottom.
Publisher's statement following imprint: ... wher [sic] may be had compleat sets of caracatars [sic] on the French Revolution.
Temporary local subject terms: Reference to Holland -- Barrels -- Pipes -- Guns: bayoneted muskets -- Cartouche boxes -- Swords -- Rivers: Scheldt -- Dutch towns -- Ships -- Military: sentry -- Allusion to French Revolution -- Dutchmen.
- 1 print : sheet 24 x 35 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- 793.02.09.01 Impression 1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1793
Etchings England London 1793
Watermarks (Paper) E & P.
- etching ; and laid paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Pitt, William, 1759-1806
- Subject (Topic)
- John Bull (Symbolic character)
Pitt, William, 1759-1806 > Caricatures and cartoons
John Bull (Symbolic character)
England > 1793
England > London > 1793
E & P.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)