Maecenas, in pursuit of the fine-arts scene, Pall Mall; a frosty-morning / [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Maecenas, in pursuit of the fine-arts scene, Pall Mall; a frosty-morning / [graphic]
- Maecenas, in pursuit of the fine-arts scene, Pall Mall; a frosty-morning / [graphic]
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker
- Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [9 May 1808]
- Publication Place
- Publishd. May 9th, 1808, by H. Humphrey, 27 St. James's Street
"A man walks along the pavement in profile to the left., stooping from the waist but with head erect. He wears spectacles and carries a stick. He approaches the door (left) of Christies, which is partly visible. On the pillar hangs the usual catalogue: 'Catalogue of 800 Capital Pictures to be Sold by Mr Christie in Pall Mall. Feby 1st 1808'. The wall of the house (No. 125) with a window forms the background. Snow is heaped against the railings, where there is a shovel and broom."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Mounted to 38 x 30 cm.
- 1 print : plate mark 25.8 x 19.8 cm, on sheet 29 x 23 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1808
Etchings England London 1808
- etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Sutherland, George Granville Leveson-Gower, Duke of, 1758-1833
Sutherland, George Granville Leveson-Gower, Duke of, 1758-1833 > Caricatures and cartoons
England > 1808
England > London > 1808
Riviere & Son > Binding
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley > Ownership
Harvey, Francis > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)