Hell broke loose or the devil to pay among the darling angels [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > Hell broke loose or the devil to pay among the darling angels [graphic].
- Hell broke loose or the devil to pay among the darling angels [graphic].
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker
- Tegg, Thomas, 1776-1846, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [9 July 1809]
- Publication Place
- Pubd. July 9, 1809 by Thos. Tegg No. 111 Cheapside
Title from caption below item.
Printmaker identified in the British Museum catalogue.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark on one side.
Variant state with plate number of no. 11344 in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires v. 8.
Plate numbered "97" in upper left corner.
Temporary local subject terms: Animals: crocodile -- Hell -- Scales -- Devil.
Mounted to 28 x 42 cm.
- 1 print : plate mark 24.2 x 34.6 cm, on sheet 26 x 40 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1809
Etchings England London 1809
- etching with stipple ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
Clarke, Mary Anne Thompson, 1776-1852.
Wardle, Gwyllym Lloyd, 1762?-1833.
Clarke, Mary Anne Thompson, 1776-1852
Wardle, Gwyllym Lloyd, 1762?-1833
England > 1809
England > London > 1809
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)