The booke of hauking, huntyng and fysshyng : with all the properties and medecynes that are necessary to be kept.
- The booke of hauking, huntyng and fysshyng : with all the properties and medecynes that are necessary to be kept.
- Alternative Title
- Boke of Saint Albans
- Berners, Juliana, b. 1388? and Copland, William, d. 1568 or 9
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1559]
- Publication Place
- Imprinted at London :
- in the Ventre upon the three Crane wharfe by willyam Copland,
Armorial bookplates: David Wagstaff; Stainforth. From the libraries of Bertram, Earl of Ashburnham and Sir Walter Gilbey. Binder's stamp: Bound by Riviere.
Each book has a separate colophon and title page. The colophon of the book of hawking reads: Imprynted at London in the Vyentre uppon the thre Craned wharfe by Wyllyam Copland. The colophon of the book of hunting reads: Imprynted at London in the ventre upon the thre Crane wharfe by me William Copland. The colophon of the book of fishing reads: Imprinted at London in the Ventre vpon the three Crane wharfe by wyllyam Copland.
Imprint from colophon on leaf M4.
Variant: Leaf F1v, line 10: No paragraph symbol, type of leaf F1v has apparently been reset; the signature-mark M1 is printed right of center on the page; M1r, line 8 from bottom reads "drawing up and downe in the streme till ye feele hi[m] fast". Imperfect: title-page and leaf A4 wanting and supplied in facsimile from another edition (part of the title printed in larger type, and "hauking" spelled "haukyng"); leaf M4 mutilated and restored in facsimile, also from another edition.
-  p. : ill. ; 20 cm. (4to)
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Uzn25 561bb
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)--rbprov--CtY-BR
Instructions (Document genre)
- Subject (Name)
Gilbey, Walter, Sir, 1831-1914--Ownership
- Subject (Topic)
Falconry--Early works to 1800
Fishing--Early works to 1800
Hunting--Early works to 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- ESTC (RLIN) S91144, Haslewood, J. Bibl. and biog. notices. (In Berners, J. Boke of Saint Albans, 1811, p. 5-104), p. 79-84, Schwerdt, C.F.G.R. Hunting, p. 62, and STC (2nd ed.) 3312.3
- Orbis Record