The boxers arms [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > The boxers arms [art original].
- The boxers arms [art original].
- Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878, artist
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
A shield with four quarterings: first quarter contains a pair of boxing gloves; the second quarter is drawn showing a man uncorking a bottle. The third and fourth quarters show different moments in a fight. Above the shield is a clenched hand surrounded by laurels, with two "Bottle-holders" supporting either side
Image was used as the basis for a print published by George Humphrey in 1819: The Boxer's arms.
See Catalogue of political and personal satires, v. 9, 13395.
George Cruikshank, English graphic artist, 1792-1878.
For further information, consult library staff.
- 1 drawing : sheet 380 x 266 mm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Drawings C889 no. 6 Box D115
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- George Cruikshank, The Boxers Arms. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)