All max in the east, a scene in Tom & Jerry, or, Life in London [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > All max in the east, a scene in Tom & Jerry, or, Life in London [graphic]
- All max in the east, a scene in Tom & Jerry, or, Life in London [graphic]
- Alternative Title
Scene in Tom & Jerry
Scene in Tom and Jerry
Life in London
- Gleadah, Joshua, active 1815-1836, printmaker
- Fores, S. W., publisher.
- Published / Created
- [24 April 1822]
- Publication Place
- Pubd. April 24 by S.W. Fores, 41 Piccadilly
A dustman dances with a black woman as a black musician plays the fiddle and spectators look on. A picture on the back wall and a poster on the chimney shows people hanging from gallows
Title from caption below image.
Ms. note following date in imprint: '1822'
Sheet trimmed leaving thread margins.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Watermark: Cansell 1818.
- 1 print : plate mark 24.1 x 32.2 cm, on sheet 25.0 x 33.0 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Annotations (Provenance) 19th century
Satires (Visual works) England 1822
Etchings England London 1822
- etching ; and laid paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > 1822
England > London > 1822
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)