New years morning the old one out and the new one comeing in / [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > New years morning the old one out and the new one comeing in / [graphic]
- New years morning the old one out and the new one comeing in / [graphic]
- Hunt, George, active 1824-1831, printmaker
Lane, Theodore, 1800-1828, artist.
Hunt, George, active 1824-1831, publisher.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Pubd. by Geo. Hunt, 18, Tavistock Street, Covent Garden
A group of men sit around a table celebrating the new year as the clock passes midnight. Several of the men are quite drunk and one has fallen from his chair. Others laugh and talk as they toast each other with glasses of wine. One man is wearing a punch bowl on his head as his companion toasts the crowd with another steaming bowl of punch. The bowl is elaborately decorated with an oriental theme
Title from caption below image.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Watermark: J. Whatman 1825.
- 1 print : sheet 28.2 x 35 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1828
Aquatints England London 1828
Etchings England London 1828
- aquatint and etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
Eating & drinking
Eating & drinking
England > 1828
England > London > 1828
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)